Because we are from Roussillon and Apt, we perfectly know our region and we will be able to guide you towards amazing places to discover.
Moreover, You will find in each cottage, a file with a multitude of flyers of the different sites to discover from the nearest villages like Roussillon or Gordes to the farthest ones.
We are at your service for further information over the region and you will find books at your disposal in our personal library (books about ocre, walking…)
Here are some ideas :
« Un des plus beaux villages de France » villages: (one of the most beautiful villages in France)
- Roussillon with its ochre cliffs, its ochre trail and its ochre conservatory.
- Gordes: a village all made of stones. See the Bories village (curious igloo-shaped structures made of stones), its castle, the Sénanque abbey…
- Ménerbes, hung on a rock, with its wine and truffle house and its corkscrew museum.
- Vénasque and its fortifications
- Lourmarin and Ansouis with their castle
Other villages also worth the trip: Lacoste, Bonnieux, Oppède le Vieux, Joucas, Goult, Saignon, St Saturnin les Apt, Rustrel for its provencal colorado, Sault for its lavender, Fontaine de Vaucluse, Apt and l’Isle sur la Sorgue for their markets.
A wonderful region for hiking:
- The G.R 6 « Alpes-Pyrénées » crosses our domain, the ochre trail in Roussillon…
- Les gorges du Régalon, de Véroncle or de la Nesque, cedar forest in Bonnieux, Oppedette canyon, Lioux cliff…
- The Ventoux
You also can discover these sites by cycle. Go to www.veloloisirluberon.com
Places to go (1hour by car):
- Moustiers Ste Marie, Ste Croix and Esparron sur Verdon lakes
- Avignon, its festival and its popes’palace
- St Rémy and the Baux de Provence, Arles and the Camargue
- The dentelles de Montmirail near Beaumes de Venise
- The Mount Ventoux
- And of course the sea is not far!
A dynamic region thanks to the festivals :
- Avignon festival
- Gordes summer nights www.soireesdegordes.fr
- The Apt ” tréteaux de nuit “
- Lacoste festival
Provencal markets to discover:
- Isle sur la Sorgue secondhand market
- Apt market on Saturday mornings
- Coustellet market on Sunday mornings
- Roussillon market on Thursday mornings